Tuesday 13 September 2011

Work

Last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind. After the quietness of Ramadan its a relief. Even though I understand that the majority of my clients are Muslim and will not even be thinking of photography during this period, it's still scary when your phone is quiet and your email inbox empty.

Working for yourself in this kind of industry isn't like working a 9-5. It's a constant hustle...a constant worry of when the next jobs coming in and if you can cover your costs this month.
So needless to say I am now feeling a bit more settled. Since Eid I have done a whole wedding package including Henna/wedding/Walima, I have also done some product photography and am currently negotiating another 3 weddings for October.
On top of this I have also found out that I will be off to France in two weeks to photograph another wedding in the french Alps.

So I guess what I am trying to say is when working for yourself never get too disheartened Times may go quiet but you never know what's around the corner. Keep your head up, spirits high and keep persevering. It will all be worth it in the end. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback