Tuesday 21 February 2012

PRE MARITAL DOMESTIC ABUSE

Dear Reader,

I recently did a post on domestic violence (please check archives) I mentioned at the bottom of the post that I would really like to write an article on pre-marital domestic violence in the Asian/Muslim community.

This is an extremely touchy subject not often talked about. When we talk about domestic violence in our community we normally refer to it within a marriage setting. Relationships pre-marriage are considered taboo within the Asian/Muslim community so to talk about Domestic violence within this setting is seen as even more taboo.
Many girls in this situation are unable to speak out for fear of the relationship coming to light to family members and the wider community.
Statistics in this area are very difficult to come by as many women do not come forward to talk about this situation.

So writing this article and highlighting this issue is a little difficult. What I am asking today is if there are any women who would like to speak to me about their experience and provide me with further information on the situation and the affect it has. Obviously anonymity will be ensured and no personal details such as names etc will not be given in the article. I am just looking for a few women to provide me with case studies to base the article on.

If you have suffered in a pre martial relationship and would like to help me to highlight this issue please get in touch via email on:

duniyaphotography@yahoo.co.uk

again I stress complete discretion on my part.

Thank you again my lovely readers for taking out the time to assist me on this important matter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback