Wednesday 8 December 2010

THE MONEY SHOT LOL

Hey I know I have really been a bit rubbish with my blogging of late but I have good reasons. Yesterday I went to visit a very talented friend.
Henna is also a self taught photographer with the most amazing photoshop skills...check out her website http://www.hennam.com/
I wanted Henna to help me create a shot of myself for my hijab project.
As I do not wear a Hijab myself I didn't want to put one on just for a shot so I decided to go for the Pakistani Chardor look.
The Chardor is worn in Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan. It is a traditional shawl wrapped around the head and upper torso to promote modesty.
As you can see Henna completely captured the look that I wanted....

The Picture represents HEAR NO EVIL from the tail of the 3 Evil Monkeys. See no Evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil. I really love the idea of that and am toying with the idea of using that theme in my project with my photos hmmmmmmm what to do.

I am just finishing off something that I have been working on today but I shall be back in a bit with another blog of some photos I tool in Henna's studio. I am trying out some new beauty edit techniques so let me know what you think xx

2 comments:

  1. you look absolutely stunning and the strength you represent is inspiring. So proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats wrong in trying one with hijaab too..!! this is no doubt very beautiful..!! but i feel u can do better with hijab..!!! be the change u want to see in the world..!!!! May Allah protect u always..!! ameen..!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback