Monday 19 December 2011

THANK YOU

Its 2 in the morning, I am sitting here wide awake and totally buzzing with excitement. I have just got in after an amazing catchup with my friend Takwa, who is visiting briefly from France.
Before going out I published the first part of the Hijab project. I also posted it to Twitter and Facebook and headed out to catch up with Takwa. I have to admit the project was there in my mind and I discussed it with her as I couldn't contain my excitement. But to be so frank I didn't expect such a response so quickly. I came home to emails, twitters and Facebook comments on my post. All so beautiful and so positive. The initial response has been overwhelming, and I feel from the bottom of my heart what I set out to do is being accomplished. I feel like a new mother watching her child's first foray into the world. I feel so proud, and even prouder of Ripa, the subject of the post. She really is inspirational and I am so ecstatic that the world gets to see the same beauty and strength that I am so fortunate to see.

Well with such a good reception I seem to be getting many new volunteers so all I can say is watch this space for part two xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback