Tuesday 30 November 2010

Sade - By Your Side Music to edit


It's funny the music you pick to edit to. Sometimes it's militant Hip Hop or House other times something a bit more mellow is needed.

Editing seems to require a mindset, doesn't matter what it is, but you got to be feeling something to be able to edit those photos and complete the last stages of your work, your art.
I find when emotions are running through my head to edit becomes therapeutic...you get lost in your work and the music and before you know it the sun has dipped and shadows cast themselves in the corners of the night.

Tonight I edited to Sade...an artist who brings back so many memories and feelings..some good and some bad..but essentially with Sade comes history.
No matter how I feeling before hand something bout her voice and the pain in it dredges up emotions buried deep within.
But it's good to feel, it's what makes us human, what makes us strive to be better people. When ever we think we are lost something or someone always brings us back.

So as I close my photos and files for the night with Sade's haunting voice echoing in my head..the words on my lips I smile regardless of the painful memories or the the hurts of the past as I know I moved a step closer to my dream tonight..another evening filled with pro activeness and achievement..as I look at some of my creations I know some memories are buried in the music and some are yet to be created by my hands...you can't really help smiling at that can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback